Saturday, June 16, 2012

From Stranger To Friend & Other Fun Photos

Do you remember this photo???  It came from this post--"I Knew It Would Happen".


This is IS Henwood...isn't she just the sweetest little thing!?!  She was the first "stranger" I saw holding Nora in a photo after our trip to meet her.  I talk in that post about how I knew getting a picture of a stranger holding Nora would come one day, but that it still wasn't easy because I just wanted to be the one holding her instead.  It is an ongoing challenge in this adoption--getting so many wonderful photos of Nora being loved on by others is AMAZING, but it is hard in the same breath because I still long for it to be me holding her instead of whoever is captured in the photo.  It is hard knowing others are getting to hold her more than her own Mama. I think I've counted at least 30 photos now of other people holding my daughter.  I'm not sure if I have that many photos of others holding any of my other children...especially people I don't really know.

Anyway, yesterday I got another photo of Miss IS and Nora, as well as her mommy, Whitney also holding Nora...


IS and Whitney started as strangers back in January, but now in June I am blessed to call them friends I've never met.  God brought Whitney and her family to Haiti for amazing things...little did I know at that point my little girl would be a part of their mission there.  Whitney is a NICU nurse and she has been going weekly to the orphanage to check in on the kids' health as well as bring her own adorable brood for play time and loving on the kids there.  IS has taken a liking to Nora and I just love seeing the two of them together.  I have a feeling the kids at the orphanage are really going to miss this family when they move back to the States next month.  One thing I know for sure is that I am DEFINITELY going to miss this family when they move back to the States next month.

Whitney's love, care, concern, photos, and medical experience for our little ones at Rivers of Hope has been nothing short of a God-send.  I can not thank her enough.  If you have a chance, hop on over to their families' blog to see what all they have been up to in Haiti--"Henwoods in Haiti".

A few other more random things...

1. Today I changed the look of my blog.  Hope you like the new colors--sometimes I've just got to change it up a bit, ya know!?!

2. I really enjoyed our trip to the airport with my handsome hubs and three of my four kiddos this morning.  It was fun to see so many different helicopters (well over 30), old cars, a fire truck, ambulance, and several airplanes at their "Rotors and Ribs" fly in.  Also super fun that it was free and right across the road from our house! : )
 (United States Army Huey)




(Coast Guard rescue demonstration)

3. I loved the way my day ended...remember my recent post about our neighborhood hawk?  You can read it here if you missed it.  If you did read it, do you remember how he was getting "attacked" by the little sparrow?  Well, guess who we found on our very own swing set tonight getting dive bombed by other birds???  Nope, not the big hawk, but instead, this absolutely adorable mini version!  Yep, this sweet little sparrow hawk had landed about 10 feet or so from our back door on the top of our swing set!  We got to enjoy watching him sit completely still just like his larger friend while the birds continued to try to attack him (thankfully, they just swooped really close to him, but never hit him).  It was so cool!  He even flew down to the yard right in front of our door and caught a worm...I guess his prey is smaller just like him! : )

 (Here is a shot of those other birds trying to get him to move on...
he just sat as still as could be.)

(Cleaning his toes)


(I about can't stand how cute this little guy was!!!)

4. It's Father's Day weekend--Happy Father's Day to my amazing hubby, Micah, for being the best dad I could have ever dreamed of for my children.  Happy Father's Day to my amazing dad, Jerry, for being a wonderful dad to me over the years...and for being such a wonderful grand-dad to my kiddos.  I love you both very much and I'm blessed to have you both in my life!  Also, a Happy Father's Day to my father-in-law, Erland!  You welcomed me into the Thieszen family almost 10 years ago and I have been blessed ever since.  Thank you for your constant prayers for our family over the years and for loving on your newest granddaughter down in Haiti--I can't wait for you to see her again next month!!!!

(Micah leading Lily & 12 of Lily's friends through Princess Trivia at her 6th b-day party.)

(Micah reading Narnia to the kids as they got ready for their indoor camp-out)


(My dad holding Lily at a recent wedding.)

(Erland holding Nora on his trip to Haiti this past December.
He was the first family member to hold her!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie, I've enjoyed following your progress but I found it interesting that a hawk came so close to you. I had an experience with a cardinal just yesterday and my boyfriend encouraged me to look up what it meant so I did the same for a hawk. I'm sharing it here with you, hope it encourages you!

    http://reedofgod.wordpress.com/2011/06/30/what-does-it-mean-when-a-hawk-comes-to-you/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that was very interesting Lori! Thank you for taking the time to look that up for me. I won't take it as gospel or anything seeings how it's not Scriptural, but it was cool (I love the Native American traditions--they certainly have a respect and love for nature that I appreciate)! The running theme of answers certainly seems to fit with what I believe GOD to be doing in my life and that is awesome! : ) Thanks again!

      Delete