Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Little Man is Two!


6:30 a.m. It's almost always by 6:30 a.m. that Quinn arrives in either a whiny mess or a happy hello to our bed in the morning. We usually attempt to send him back to his own bed, but it rarely works. He's up and ready to start the day. Yesterday as I reflected on his little arrival to our warm sheets it brought a smile to my face. Two years ago I lay in my bed feeling a little funny around 5:15 a.m. I fell back asleep and finally got up around 6:15 to go to the bathroom. I walked out to the couch to start some quiet time before the rest of the house woke up, but never made it to the couch. As I began to sit down, the first one hit in full force...a huge contraction...the time had come--Quinn was on his way to meet the world! It was 6:30 a.m. then and he hasn't stopped getting up at 6:30 ever since!

Quinn's labor was the best one of my three. It was smooth, relatively quick (3 hours), and honestly felt more like huge pressure than pain. He was a BIG boy--9 lbs. 2 oz. All of my babies were on the larger side, but Quinn was the biggest. How come the biggest was my easiest labor??? Actually, I have many theories on that, but that's a whole other conversation. My labor for Quinn has said something about my little man. He's fairly "easy". He's laid back, lovable, and always on an adventure. He's also the one we have to look out for, however, because he doesn't really mind being off on his own trying to explore. He does this frequently whether we know it or not and often we are on a "Quinn hunt". I love his ability to be carefree and sure of himself even at age 2. I can even learn things from my 2 year old!

So, it's with much thanksgiving we celebrated Quinn's 2nd birthday yesterday. I thank God for the gift of Quinn in our family. I thank God for what all I learn from those big blue eyes, dimpled smile, and sweet spirit. I thank God for the meaning behind Quinn's name..."wise". With each of our children, He has a purpose and reason for their existence on this planet. He will use each of them in unique ways and I am so excited to be the Mama who gets to watch it all unfold. I am a blessed woman today to have Quinn as my son. I truly am.


Happy Birthday, little man.
I love you so very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment